Saturday, June 25, 2011

Guggenheim-Bilboa


We had a rather inclement weather day during our stay at San Sebastian, so we travelled to the nearby town of Bilboa!

What an amazing place!


Modern art, although not always my 'cup of tea', is truly incredible!

Massive steel sculpture- recognisable?

And it surely makes a statement!


The gallery is a huge expanse of space....

Both inside .....

Like something from War of the Worlds!

....and out!

All of the inside photos were taken, illegally, on the prospect of being ejected!



And this cute little big puppy guard dog keeps watch over all!


We had a wonderful day in Bilbao!

(Internet is VERY slow!  This post has taken an hour to load!!  I will try another post soon!)

Happy days!

SUZ

4 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

The Louise Bourgeois spiders are really amazing (and horrific!)! Wouldn't want to find one in the bath!

Mary said...

How exciting!Such a fantastic museum...everything about it!

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Would love one of those giant spiders in my front yard. No carpet salesmen or Jehovah's Witnesses then.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I know those big metal curve sculptures, I saw some in New York a few years ago, I can't remember the artists name..I recognise Jeff Koons Puppy, he did one for The Sydney Biennale a few years ago. I'm not sure about the big spider though...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...