Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Of Statues and Canals

....well, gargoyles perhaps!


Just a sample of some of the photos I have taken in the Narbonne and Beziers 


area!


I love how these two fellows are reacting !  Just not sure to what?!


I love old buildings and the way they have often been decorated!




These were on the doors of the cathedral in Beziers!

And I had no idea that this is where the Canal du Midi was situated!


It must be such a relaxing way of seeing the countryside!

(As opposed to riding a bike! LOL!)


When I win the lottery I will treat all my friends to a holiday 

on the Canal du 

Midi!


Would you like to come with me?


I'll need someone to help me through the locks!

Happy days!

SUZ

9 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Yes please!!!

Melody said...

Take me too, it looks fabulous

Sunnybec said...

Oh absolutely most definitely YES!! Will meet you there. The Canal du Midi is one of my all time favourite places I love it. I wish I was there with you! Hugs Linda

Mary said...

I'm in! Let me know when :)

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Our friends did a canal holiday a few years ago and said it was great fun. I'll try!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'll be there with bells on!! I love all the gargoyles especially those two guys by the doorway, I wonder what their story is. The canal looks so beautiful and peaceful.

quilary said...

Bags packed! Passport application in! You know where to contact me!

Larissa said...

Oh yes - I'm in! I Love all those old buildings with the figures sculptured on them - I did an old architectural unit just so I could have them as eye candy for a few months, lol! Loved it - they are definitely on my wish list of things to see before I die!!! Some of those sculptors were amazing!!

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Sounds like a fab way to use your lotto money! (Don't forget to buy a ticket). I love that second photo, with the support sculptures. One of them's complaining about his aching back and the other is bored out of his mind. Hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...