Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Progress

Productivity has slowed down now that I am back at 

work.... 



but I try to sew for a little time every day!


Yes, I am lucky to have a wonderful husband who 

loves to cook.


    Anyway, here is what I have been working on.....



Two blogging friends have made inquiries about 

getting this free block pattern that I originally 

accessed through Craftsy, now owned by Bluprint.


I remember at the time that Bluprint only retained 

certain files and it seems this was not one of them.


                
               If you'd like a copy please shoot me an             
                  email and I will send it to you.

                     (Edited: The original post and creator of this block is acknowledged here)



    To take a break from the mess of paper piecing I

        decided to try something new and simple...




And I did a mock-up in a photo collage app to see 

what it might look!


And what it looks like after four blocks were 

completed


This will become a baby quilt for one of my medical 

carers whose wife is due to have a baby next month.

This quilts name is "Prickle" because a group of 

hedgehogs is a Prickle.

Happy sewing!

SUZ

15 comments:

Susan Smith said...

I do like both your paper pieced block & the lovely little strip one, which could also use jelly rolls I think. The hedgehog fabric is so cute & great for a baby quilt. Look forward to seeing them both progress. Take care.

Material Girl said...

That baby quilt is just adorable! What sweet prints!

gailss said...

Love your blocks and do remember those blocks from quite awhile ago....quite cute! That is going to be one cute baby quilt and nice to have a new project ….

FlourishingPalms said...

Well you're managing to get a lot done while you're back at work. Your FPP blocks are looking really good. You have such a nice variety of fabrics to work with. Glad you've found a home for yet another baby quilt! Gosh, you've made a lot of these this year!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I am enjoying each new block you make and the fabric combinations you come up with. It's going to be so good when they're all together.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Those blocks are fabulous. I like how the seams are different so you don't have to match. I wouldn't mind the pattern.

Laura said...

Love those offset windows (I know they only look offset) for the baby quilt. I'm thinking this would make a wonderful eye-spy quilt pattern. Are the blocks 12.5 " ? Thanks.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love the blocks you've shared today and would love a link to the pattern. I couldn't see where to email you to request a copy so hope it's ok to ask you here?

OPQuilt said...

Love these blocks--both the paper piecing one (and yes, can I have the pattern?) and the new block you are playing with. I love the prints you've used in all--you really do have a skill at that sort of thing!
Thank you for sharing!

Julie Fukuda said...

That should not be a difficult pattern to draft. What a wild variety of fabrics in those blocks. It will be fun seeing them together.

dutchcomfort said...

The first block looks a lot like one of the blocks in the Golden Days quilt! I love the fabrics you are working with! And who can resist some sweet little hedgehogs!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your bright and beautiful blocks are just smile-inducing.

I love that secondary design on your baby quilt. It's going to be so cherished by the recipients.

Julianne said...

I would love a copy of this pattern please!

Needled Mom said...

I love your blocks. I'd love to have a copy of the pattern.

The baby quilt is so cute. Those hedgehogs are adorable.

Karen S said...

These are great blocks. I always enjoy your fabric combinations. What a shame the pattern is now tricky to obtain.
The hedgehog blocks are fun and look like they will make an adorable quilt. Delightful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...