Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Not much sewing....

but plenty of fabric and quilts, all the same!



I attended the Craft and Quilt Show in Melbourne 

today,

Machine quilted by Karen Terrens

mainly to see my friend Jenny's beautiful quilts, two 

of which were adorned with ribbons!


Her skill at rescuing old and worn quilts and 

re-making them is nothing short of magical!




Much of her piecing is done by hand too!

Machine quilted by Karen too

Another friend, Karen, was awarded a ribbon for this 

machine quilted piece....


What a stunning colour!


I was also impressed by this clamshell mini quilt...


20" square with each clamshell piece being 

no more than 1"!


I know I could never achieve anything like these but 

they are a wonder to see and marvel over!

I did do some stash enhancement at my favourite 

fabric discount shop, "Darn Cheap" fabrics, last week.



These will make great baby quilts,

don't you think? 

Happy days,

SUZ





6 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm happy for you to have found some quilt-y fun, especially by getting to see quilts hung that belong to quilters you know. I admire anyone who can rescue a quilt. I have a quilt top from my Grandmother that needs reworking and finishing. Unfortunately, my heart isn't into doing it at the moment. I'm also glad you found a relatively inexpensive place to buy fabric too. I have no doubt you'll be making something wonderful with those cute prints!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I especially love those little squirrels. Good baby quilts indeed. Have fun playing with them.

OPQuilt said...

Beautiful quilts, and fun to know the quilters who earned those ribbons. I'm am also in awe of the clamshell--for me, it's best to admire it (and not attempt it). Hooray for some "stash enhancement." (perfect phrase) I'm glad you were able to get out to a show--it always gives me a new view of things!

Barb said...

thank you for sharing so many wonderful traditional quilts! I love the red, white and blue one especially - love those traditional old blocks.

Suz J said...

There is something magical about a quilt show... seeing all that hard work on display is very inspiring.

Karen S said...

Great to see your friends being successful at the show. I did manage to go on the Friday and enjoyed the quilt display, too.
I always enjoy the fabrics you find at Darn Cheap!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...