Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Of Statues and Canals

....well, gargoyles perhaps!


Just a sample of some of the photos I have taken in the Narbonne and Beziers 


area!


I love how these two fellows are reacting !  Just not sure to what?!


I love old buildings and the way they have often been decorated!




These were on the doors of the cathedral in Beziers!

And I had no idea that this is where the Canal du Midi was situated!


It must be such a relaxing way of seeing the countryside!

(As opposed to riding a bike! LOL!)


When I win the lottery I will treat all my friends to a holiday 

on the Canal du 

Midi!


Would you like to come with me?


I'll need someone to help me through the locks!

Happy days!

SUZ

9 comments:

  1. Take me too, it looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh absolutely most definitely YES!! Will meet you there. The Canal du Midi is one of my all time favourite places I love it. I wish I was there with you! Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! Let me know when :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our friends did a canal holiday a few years ago and said it was great fun. I'll try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there with bells on!! I love all the gargoyles especially those two guys by the doorway, I wonder what their story is. The canal looks so beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bags packed! Passport application in! You know where to contact me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - I'm in! I Love all those old buildings with the figures sculptured on them - I did an old architectural unit just so I could have them as eye candy for a few months, lol! Loved it - they are definitely on my wish list of things to see before I die!!! Some of those sculptors were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fab way to use your lotto money! (Don't forget to buy a ticket). I love that second photo, with the support sculptures. One of them's complaining about his aching back and the other is bored out of his mind. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message! I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...