Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

A new start

 As I mentioned in my previous post, I have another 

quilt started!

A friend shared a quilt she had finished and I wanted to 

make one too!


Hers was made following the pattern by 

Stitched In Color called Honeycomb Stars.

It seems Moda published something similar back in 

2013.

I also found a similar design called Juggle by 

Bonnie and Camille, (photo taken from here 

   https://thimbleblossoms.com/products/juggle-pdf-pattern )


Then I found a website where I could print off a

 template and made a freezer paper one and got 

cutting!


I'm using my precious stash of Heather Ross fabrics....


And making much larger hexies!


It will certainly make a statement!



Now to cut out the adjoining triangles from my stash of 

solids,

and I can start sewing.



Happy days!

Suz






5 comments:

Kim said...

Happy, happy, happy is what I feel when I look at all those gorgeous hexies and triangles, Susan. Those Heather Ross fabrics are treasure. Oh, how I love a quilt dancing in delicious colour and pattern. Have oodles of fun....I know you will.

Susan Smith said...

It's to certainly make a statement. Love it! Take care & hugs.

Karen S said...

This is going to look great. I really like the one Deb made and now I can see yours is going to look stunning. Loving those fabrics.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi, I love hexies so this beautiful project of yours caught my eye. Beautiful fabrics to play with and you will enjoy stitching it very much, I can tell. Happy stitching from me in Canada!

OPQuilt said...

As I'm going backwards, it's fun to see the genesis of your current project. So many quilts have common ancestors, so I'm glad you were able to find yourself a pattern that worked for you. This one has many possibilities!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...