Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

At last, a finish!

 

Gosh, it's been a long time between quilt finishes.


I have slowed down with my quilt-making.

I have another hobby, botanical watercolour painting,

 that often takes up some of my retirement hours.

I also have a bigger house to look after now that we live

 in regional Victora.


The garden is quite large and I like to help my husband

 maintain it.

A harvest of tomatoes

And now that Mr PnP has retired we are travelling more,

 if only a road trip here or there.

We also enjoy exploring all the little towns nearby,

as well as trips back to Melbourne to visit 

family and friends.

D'Arenberg Winery in McLaren Vale SA

How many quilts do I really need?

I don't have many new friends or ones that I know well

 enough to gift them to.

But this one was started on a whim and I love it!

Quilting on my Juki!

It is now called Patio Garden because I didn't find

 Checkered Garden, named by the creator, 

very inspiring!

I had the perfect backing in my stash.

I remember buying 4 or 5 metres of this last year

 from Darn Cheap 

for a very reasonable or 'cheap' price!

It is quilted in a simple grid design 

with a lovely aqua Aurifil thread, 

one of the reels I won in a giveaway a few years back! 


I think it will make a great baby quilt 

for bassinette or floor.




I took my quilt on a little trip to 

Lambley Nursery and 

Gardens.



And stopped in Clunes when I saw this old cart, 

the perfect backdrop I think!


I think my mojo is back because I have not one 

but two quilts in the planning stage!

Happy sewing!


Quilt finish #1 for 2024

Lifetime quilt #153

48" square


SUZ

10 comments:

Frogdancer said...

What a divine little quilt! I love it.

Susan Smith said...

It's lovely Susan & the hero shots are great. My mojo is a bit lacking too, but I've had lots of technical difficulties of late & the weather has been so weird, that I'm not sure what season it is. Sweltering yesterday & now an icy wind blowing this morning. Hope we saw more quilts from you this year & with photos of any travels too. Take care & hugs.

Kim said...

Susan, there are so many lovely prints in your Patio Garden quilt. It's such a happy quilt! 'She' deserves to be photographed in such lovely vignettes. I must say your painting is amazing. Such a clever painter you are. How wonderful to be travelling around exploring new places and having fun in your garden. Wow....153 quilts finished in your lifetime....that's incredible!

karenbbsnow said...

Lovely photo shoot of your sweet quilt. I'm feeling like you and slowing down a bit with the quilting ..at least until I go through my quilts and donate some more. I feel like I may be remembered as the crazy quilt lady!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Such a delightful quilt, love your colours! Hehe, just reading Karen's comment... I think lots of us will be remembered as "the crazy quilt lady"!

Quayquilter said...

Lovely work. I don't need any more quilts either but I need the joy of working with fabric and making them. Glad you got your mojo back.

dutchcomfort said...

Such a lovely quilt! I don't need any more quilts too and I don't have friends or family to gift a quilt to, as they simply don't understand anything about quilts and don't appreciate them. I keep on making quilts, because I just need to work with fabrics and colours, it's a lifebuoy !!

PaintedThread said...

Such a pretty quilt! Mmm... love those tomatoes.

FlourishingPalms said...

"Patio Garden" really is lovely, and the name you gave it suits it well. I think it's just fine that you're slowing down on quiltmaking, as it's quite apparent that you are a gifted artist too! That pepper is truly impressive! Are you framing small pieces like this, and hanging them in your kitchen? It's wonderful that you have a large yard and can spend time creating out there. Having a garden is such a treat, and I'm happy for you to enjoy fresh produce. And you're traveling too. That's a wonderful thing to get to do, and I'm a bit jealous. I'm sure you're finding lots of places to visit in glorious Australia. So much to see!

Karen S said...

Patio Garden is a delight! What a lovely finish. I think it is the sort of pattern that could be used several times and look different with each one.
I agree - the backing is perfect.
The gardens are a perfect spot for a photo.
Your painting is looking quite special, too. That is amazing.
Those tomatoes look really good!
Isn't it great having the time to get around a lot of the little towns? We did that when we were in Sale last week. Had a great time.
I am not worried about how many quilts I make, as long as I enjoy it. And I am very fussy about who I give them to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...