Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Slowing down!

 I decided to take a short break from quilt making for 

my next bout of crafting!

So I finished this table runner, started during my recent 

ruler class.


Due to COVID restrictions, some classes have not gone 

ahead; I am not sure when they will be re-scheduled.



In fact, I am not sure I am going to bother going back!

I think I learned more from YouTube than I did from the 

teacher!


Then I put this pretty pile of textiles together...

the doily was a gift from a friend,


so I decided to make a little 'doll' quilt, 

one for her, one for me!



I'm adding some hand stitching- maybe crosses, French 

knots and hand quilting, possibly some little yo-yos?

Finally I had seen this lovely project bag on Instagram.


A link to the pattern is here: Bucket Bag



And when I was able to source the eyelets locally,

I decided it would make a great knitting bag.

I'm enjoying the slower pace of hand stitching!

Happy sewing indeed!

SUZ



5 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Wow! You have gotten a lot done. Love all of your projects. I think we need to create a variety sometimes. If you are like me, you have a very large collection of fabric but sometimes it's those little things that are so gratifying. Thanks fofr sharing.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely projects on the go & I usually have other bits'n'bobs on the go & just see what takes my fancy, though my quilting has been my go to for 40+ years & definitely through difficult periods. The bag looks good & roomy for knitting. Take care & hugs.

FlourishingPalms said...

It IS nice to slow down, isn't it? I'm such a happier maker when I don't feel rushed to "produce." I haven't even counted how many (how few) quilts I've made in 2021. It's not important. Looks to me like you've mastered ruler quilting. Good for you! The little quilt with the doilies is just adorable, and such a good place to let your hand-stitching skills shine. The bucket bag is cute and practical too. If I knitted, or had something small to carry around, I'd make it too. Love knowing you're taking it slow. That's what retirement is all about!

Karen S said...

A change of pace is a good idea!
Love seeing the work you have done on the runner. Gorgeous quilting! You have developed great skills.
The doll quilts are a pretty idea, too. Lovely way to use the fabrics and doiley. Some hand stitching will finish them off beautifully.
And a gorgeous selection of fabrics for the bucket bag. Another project that suits being inside and keeping warm.

eda said...


great post!Like your blog, thank you for sharing.
(づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤~
straight bundles luxhairshop
These contents have greatly helped me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...