Sunday, June 20, 2021

A flurry of finishes!

 


When one quilt is being quilted by a long armer,

and another by me on my trusted Juki,

is it any surprise that I have two quilts 

finished in a matter of days...

and another top complete!

But I will share just one of these with you today....

I'm calling this "Rainbow Confetti".....

I will explain why at the end.


I used many of my lovely Aurifil threads, which I won(!) 

to quilt the motif in the centre.


The threads positively melted into the blocks.

It was a beautiful day today,

cold but sunny and still!




so it was the perfect opportunity to get some outside 

photos!




                     And some inside ones too.

And I got to try out my new quilt holding 

contraption too!

My friend Elizabeth @occasionalpiecequilts made one

which you can see in her post here 

 I decided it was time to make one of my own...



You might be able to see them in the photo above-

clamps taped to pieces of dowel (patent pending 😁) 

I was able to use them to lean the quilt up against the 

brush fence.



Why "Rainbow Confetti"?

One reason is the backing looks like confetti to me.

The other is that I listened to this amazing book while I 

quilted this quilt.


I loved everything about this book- the true-to-life characters, the underlying themes of friendship, loyalty and family and of course the topics of sewing, quilting, books and Scrabble.

I can highly recommend it!

I guess I will be back with another finish soon!



Quilt finish #5-2021

Finished size 58.5" square

Lifetime quilt #134

Happy sewing,

SUZ


9 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

So pretty, I love that you arranged the blocks on point. The striped binding is the perfect finishing touch. Scrappy and lovely!

Karen S said...

Rainbow Confetti is a delightful finish. I am pleased you had a sunny day for photos because this is a happy and sunny quilt. And i like the setting, too.
Thanks for the book recommendation as well.

Gail N said...

Your Rainbow Confetti is beautiful. It must feel good to use up all those small pieces.

BTW, Susan, did you notice you have one square out of place on your new quilt top?

Florida Farm Girl said...

I really like those block you made from scraps. I have tons of scraps and they keep growing!

Lianne makes stuff said...

What a lovely colourful quilt, well done I can't wait to see the other finish.

Susan Smith said...

Fantastic finish & love the naming of the quilt. I'm always on the lookout for good photo locations & ways to hold them in place to take a snap. The green/white quilt in progress looks interesting. Take care & hugs.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely quilt, so full of scrappy colour! And the binding is perfect with it.

Julie Fukuda said...

I really like those rainbow blocks. I have been making random color blocks for a project and those are far more pleasing than the mixed ones. Getting a quilt ready for a photo shoot can be a challenge. I love the variety of pictures.

Needled Mom said...

I love the Rainbow Confetti. It’s such a great scrappy quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...