Saturday, May 6, 2023

Marking Time!

My latest quilt is finished...

the Wensleydale pattern by Jen Kingwell.

I decided once I'd basted it that I'd hand quilt it.

A close-up of the hand quilting

I used Aurifil 28 in a bright red for the quilting in a 

simple design,

basically copying what Jen Kingwell had done on her 

original design. 

I also used a piece of bamboo batting that I'd picked up

 on Facebook Marketplace for a bargain.


Originally this quilt I'd called "Carisbrook" after my new 

hometown.

But as I named my last finish "Carisbrook Cabin" I 

decided to change it up a bit.

So "Marking Time" it is....

For two reasons- this quilt marks my time of moving 

from the beach to the country.....

I started piecing it back in August in Brighton and 

finished it here in Carisbrook.

The second reason is that I feel I have been marking 

time - marching on the spot- with my quilting for the 

last few months.

So maybe it's time to get more productive, 

especially as the cooler Winter weather arrives.

There will be at least a couple of months of 'at home' 

activity 

and sewing should take priority!


Quilt #2- 2023
No. 148 Lifetime quilts

Happy Sewing!

SUZ




7 comments:

Frogdancer said...

I love this quilt pattern. I'm tempted to make one, but it's paper pieced, isn't it?

I haven't touched my sewing machine since August last year. I have a few more rows to go on the quilt I'm making with 1.5" squares. One day soon, I'll get up and my quilting mojo will be back and I'll finish it in record time. It's always this way with me.

Karen S said...

Yay! This is a wonderful finish. Your quilt is a delight and I am so impressed with the hand quilting. It does have special significance with its marking of the move to your new home.

dutchcomfort said...

A wonderful finish Susan!! I hope it keeps you warm during the colder months coming!

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful finish. I bet it was a joy to hand quilt. I love the cheerful pops of yellow and the red stripe binding is the perfect finishing touch.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful quilt! Hand quilting is the perfect way to spend time during winter, happy stitching!

Susan Smith said...

I love it and Jen named it after a town in south west Victoria, although I thought it was from Wensleydale in Yorkshire, a place I've visited many times & love. Your hand quilting is so neat. Definitely cooling down with snow forecast for Mt. Baw Baw today. Stay warm, thanks for sharing & hugs.

Katherine said...

Oh, what a gorgeous finish, Susan! I am really drawn to your fabric choices in this happy version, it has such a vintage vibe to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...