Tuesday, May 9, 2023

I'm on a roll!

Daisy Hill is my latest quilt finish!




My dear friend Rose, 

who blogs at Something Rosemade

very generously sent me some fabric 

to add to my 1974 Charm Star quilt. 


She also included two charm packs of this sweet print, 

called Spring Brook.



To help me get my sew-jo back I decided on a simple 

patchwork of pieces, to make this baby quilt.




I did some straight-line quilting on the diagonal 

to keep it soft and snuggly.


I snagged a bargain for the backing at just $3 a metre 

from Darn Cheap fabrics.

Not wanting to add to my stash it is bound 

 in the same fabric.




It finishes at 42" square.

It's now awaiting a lucky recipient.


But for now I am handquilting....



and adding to my 1974 Charm Star quilt.

Happy sewing!

Quilt #3 -2023
No 149 Lifetime quilts

SUZ

 

7 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Very sweet little quilt finish. I love your hand quilting project.

FlourishingPalms said...

Sorry to know your sew-jo was missing for a bit, but I know you've been keeping busy anyway, doing other things. How nice that you could use charm packs to make this adorable Daisy Hill baby quilt. Saving it for a "lucky recipient" indeed! Someone you know is coming? Or is the quilt waiting for just the right person? It's appropriate for a boy or a girl. In any case, it's cute, and will be loved by someone. You're a generous quiltmaker. And yay for hand quilting! You do it so well. I hope you're having fun with it.

Susan Smith said...

Well done on the simple baby quilt, basically the same type I made when I did my first ever quilt back in 1977. Lucky recipient. Take care & hugs.

Karen S said...

That is a very sweet baby quilt and a lovely finish. Love that backing, too. And I really like the double line diagonal quilting.

LintLady said...

Hey Suz,
a quick babyquilt and it's nice, too.
Happy quilting.
XXX Doris
(I am glad you added the comment function again :o)

Katherine said...

Your charming baby quilt is delightful, Susan! Sometimes I need the reminder of how fabulous simple patchwork can be, so thank you, my friend for doing so.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...