Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2024

A Quick Recap....

 Three projects at different stages.

Firstly, I completed my Sille Slipover during the week....

(I think the use of the word 'vest' confuses some

 as what we know as a singlet is called a vest in Britain)

I knitted it slightly longer than the pattern suggests

because I like my lower back covered.


My "Violet Crumble" quilt is at the binding stage, 

which I will hand stitch to the back this week, 

while I'm on another short road trip.

I will get some glamour shots while I am away!

I am also planning my next quilt... 


an 'all solids' pattern by Tara Faughnan

See you next week!

SUZ

5 comments:

CouchCrafts said...

Wow, that vest/sleeveless sweater is gorgeous and is a perfect fit! It can be hard to get such a good fit. Congrats, I hope you enjoy wearing it for many years!

FlourishingPalms said...

Such a nice slipover (vest)! It attractive, practical, and you definitely made the right move, knitting it a little longer. Pretty colors in your "Violet Crumble," and bringing it to a finish while traveling is great for taking glamour shots! I'm glad you have a quilt-holder to help you out. That's always a struggle for me. I'm fascinated by the new quilt you'll be make. You're using only solids?! That's a bit different for you, isn't it? Those colors are yummy together.

Susan Smith said...

Well done with both projects. Enjoy your time away & hope the weather plays nicely. Take care & hugs.

Julie Fukuda said...

I like tops with longer below-the-waist lengths too. That next pattern looks like a real challenge of tiny pieces to me.

OPQuilt said...

I am always impressed with your knitting, as you choose such beautifully complex designs that I love. So keep them coming--I love them! Congrats on finishing the piecing and quilting on the new top. Since I'm going backwards, I've seen the finished project, but have to give a "two-thumbs-up" to the striped binding. Such a great choice. And Wow! to the Tara Faughnan new project. It will be fun to watch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...