Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Potty McDotty!

No, I wasn't attracted to this pattern because of its name!


It was more the lovely pots of appliqued flowers!


I saw the original quilt in a quilt shop recently and just 

had to buy the pattern!

It's by Irene Blanck of Focus On Quilts.


I made all the background pieces first and may, or may 

not, stay with this layout.



But it is good to have a plan and a record of it.


The slow sewing is very relaxing!



I often prep the blocks in the daylight hours....


and stitch away in the evenings!


I'm limiting the colour palette to blues, aquas, greens, 

yellows and light oranges


I listened to this wonderful audiobook while stitching 

this block.....




Looking at these now I am wishing I had varied the 

placement of the flowers or leaves in each block,

maybe curving them in the opposite direction.




Maybe I will do that with the next ones!

Happy sewing,

SUZ

 

9 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Super cute!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your flower blocks are beautiful! I love Irene's quilts, she a wonderful designer. Happy stitching!

Susan Smith said...

WOW! It is going to be awesome. Thanks for sharing your progress. Take care & hugs.

OPQuilt said...

Wow--you have made a lot of the blocks, and they are so fun to see. I love the name of the quilt, and I think the color scheme is going to be wonderful in all these pots of flowers. I need to get myself an evening stitching project, too!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous pots of flowers.

Karen S said...

This looks like a fun design. Lovely fabric, too.
I can see why it caught your eye.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I like this pattern. I'm working on prepping quilts for our guild's quilt show coming up late next month. Once I get that finished I'll need to decide on a new project to work on. I'm doing the big stitch hand quilting on my version of Wendy Williams' Bird on a Wire but can work on it only so long at the time. I need another piecing project to work on too.

FlourishingPalms said...

Well, the pattern name alone sure attracts attention! The design knew what she was doing! :-) Your blocks are so pretty. I just love some nice hand-appliqué. Curious... are you matching your thread colors to the fabrics, or do you stitch with a neutral thread? This will be so pretty when it's all together. It's good to know your book suggestion too. Did you like it? Recommend it?

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

oooooh! Those blocks are wonderful. It's going to look fabulous in the color scheme you've chosen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...