Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

Playing with Paint!

Back in March, I stumbled across a free watercolour 

tutorial by Anna Mason.

(I think I've shared some of these before....sorry!)

Her Youtube channel "Nature Studio" can be found here



These videos are just a taster of her style and method. 




The full tutorials can go for three or four hours.


I am slowly building up a supply of quality paints, 

brushes and paper.


They really do make a difference to the experience and 

the finished painting.


I want to try this Viola again now that I have some new 

tubes of 'professional' paints.


It is a very supportive community. 



You can post your pictures and get constructive 

feedback on your work!



I'm loving the slow pace and relaxed delivery of 

these tutorials so there are more paintings to come.

After the first session....

And finished the next day.


But I'm still sewing....

I have some slow stitching to share soon!

Happy days,

SUZ

 

5 comments:

Susan Smith said...

I so envy crafty people & am looking forward to seeing your progress. Just on catchup after a week away to see some family in N.S.W. Take care & hugs.

OPQuilt said...

I was reading an article about a famous architect this week (he died) and the thing that stood out to me was that in his office of 40+ workers, once a week they would have drawing lessons where anyone could come and learn to draw. He maintained that was critical to their success--that people could share this visual language. And now I see your drawings, and I completely agree. Your naturalist drawings are so lovely (esp the tomato and the pear), so thank you for sharing!

Karen S said...

This looks like a lot of fun. And a great way to work with a group of like minded people.

FlourishingPalms said...

My goodness, but your work is very impressive! I'm in awe. Though I began my "creative life" working in oils and acrylics (I never mastered watercolor), and as a pencil artist, I don't think I ever did anything as good as your simple subjects. They're wonderful! Keep going. You've got the gift!

Chookyblue...... said...

I wished I could paint & draw but no luck....... Your doing great have fun......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...