Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

From 15 to 30....

 Wensleydale blocks that is!

The last time I shared these, I was still living in 

Brighton.

The yellow may be a little bright?

We have been in our new home six weeks now and 

loving it!

The move was not without its trials but once we were 

in, the unpacking progressed quickly!

20 blocks

I love my new sewing room- its only small but the light 

is fabulous. 

24 blocks 

I think I may have enough fabric for at least 42 blocks.

I keep going through my stash and unearthing little 

gems that just might work!

Pieces cut out...

Maybe next time you see this it will be a complete quilt 

top.

Jen Kingwell, the designer of this pattern, 

tends to name many of her designs for the towns 

around her home.

And 30!

I have done that with a few.

"New Brighton Gardens" was named after the street and 

suburb we lived in for eight months.

New Brighton Gardens

So following that fine tradition, 

I am naming this quilt Carisbrook!

Happy sewing....

SUZ

6 comments:

Frogdancer Jones said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt.
I just started my first FPP and I simply can't get my head around it. I've chosen a very simple pattern - only 3 pieces, yet they just aren't working. I've walked away in disgust and will leave them alone for a few days.
That'll probably do the trick!

Susan Smith said...

Looking good so far and I've named some after places we know & a few with just silly names too. I did think Wensleydale had been named for the wonderful area in Yorkshire I know well, but then found that there is one near Jen as well in south west Victoria. Must get down there once the weather picks up maybe & check it out. Hope you aren't too wet. Take care & hugs.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I hope you're settling in well. That's an interesting block. Good luck piecing the top.

Karen S said...

I am so pleased you are getting time to sew. Settling in seems to take so long.
Your blocks are looking great with all the different fabrics. Amazing what you can find tucked away. Good luck with the final blocks.

FlourishingPalms said...

Carisbrook. A good name for these lovely blocks. You have such a good eye for combining scraps, though I do NOT think that yellow is too bright. :-) But you know me... I love bright. I can't recall. Are you paper-piecing these? The precision of those points are perfect. Your workmanship is spot-on. I'm so happy to know you like your new home, and your new sewing space. Small is an okay trade-off for good light. Keep enjoying yourself!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's coming along so beautifully. I love the colours and prints you've chosen and how fun that you've found little hidden treasures in your stash to include. Carisbrook is an excellent name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...