Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2022

And on it goes...

 Summer that is!

I got my "Shuffle" quilt together...


It's now awaiting motivation by me to baste it and get 

started on the quilting...

Maybe tomorrow?😃

I've begun a sew-along being run by 

Elizabeth at OccasionalPiece Quilt

Taken from Elizabeth's blog


It is a relaxed project where she is releasing one free 

pattern for the next few months.

The first one is this pretty paper pieced block....



yes, even the back is pretty!


And the front is lovely too!

If you would like to join in the Hearts Garden sew-along

all the details can be found HERE

I've supplemented my fabric options for this project

with some stash enhancement....

Aren't those safety pins the cutest?

I was very disappointed to find that one fabric store 

now only cuts 25cm minimums. 

As if the price of quilting is not expensive enough?


I found this amazing piece of Amy Butler "Lark" fabric in 

an op shop- 2 metres of furnishing weight for $4!

I need to decide how I will use it?

Maybe cover a chair, make aprons, or bags?


I also found a vintage sheet for $3, and a metre of  

Jennifer Sampou "Sweet Dreams" for $1!

For the first time in many, many years we are growing 

herbs and a few vegetables....


I can't wait to see what we produce!

My eldest grandson started school....


and he loves it!

I need to get started on a library bag for him.

But in the meantime, this shopping bag says it all....


Happy days!

SUZ



9 comments:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Lots of quilty goodness happening in your world. The photo of your grandsons is adorable. Enjoy your summer sewing. I'm gearing up for a winter of sewing.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your new quilt is gorgeous and I love that EPP block you've created. Thanks for including the link to the sew along. What lucky finds at the OP shop!!

Needled Mom said...

Your quilt finished beautifully. Great job on the EPP block too. I love the picture of the boys heading off to school.

OPQuilt said...

I love your EPP center for the Heart's Garden sew-a-long. I'd half thought of doing another color way for this quilt, but instead, I will refer people to your blog and your quilt as I love what you are doing. Thank you for mentioning it on your blog.

I can't believe your oldest grandchild is starting school. Where does the time go? I now have three in college, and it seems like only yesterday that I was receiving cute little photos of tiny children with enormous backpacks. It's a lovely time of life.

Congrats on your gardening--the herbs look wonderful. I look forward to updates. And mostly--woohoo! on a another flimsy finish. It's going to be wonderful all quilted up, and I'm happy for you that it is at this point. Happy Quilting!

Suz J said...

Ditto on the comment that can't believe the eldest grandchild has started school. When did that happen? 🤔. Love the stash enhancement and what a lovely project. You hit the jackpot with your op shop finds - I vote for a bag but you probably have enough for several projects - a new ironing board cover would be cool too.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's so good to see what you're up to in your sewing room. Both your machine-made quilt top, and the EPP project you started are pretty! You have some nice fabrics in your stash, and it's great that you found some pretties in a thrift shop! I've never thought to look there for quilting cottons. Yes, fabric is terribly expensive, and going up here in the US, as you and I have chatted about. I'm glad you're occasionally able to find a fabric bargain. How fun that your grandson has started school! The picture of the two boys is absolutely precious. Glad you're growing some herbs too. I think I recognized mint, basil, and cilantro? No doubt you'll enjoy them.

Susan Smith said...

Well done with using your little squares & the paper piecing project is awesome. I remember mine all starting school & now seeing them either in jobs or thinking of trainees/apprenticeships, careers etc. Take care & hugs.

DeborahGun said...

Beautiful creations as always Susan. And a wonderful Amy Butler find! Happy Birthday for yesterday. I hope you were able to celebrate well. Hope to catch up later in the year :-)

Karen S said...

Okay, this is my second go at posting. We had a few computer hiccups earlier in the week and if this goes through to you, it means all is fixed!!
Love the way your shuffle quilt has come together. I think the grey and white blocks are perfect against all the colour in the patches.
And wow to your block from the sew along. Amazing work.
Looks like you had a lot of fun with your stash enhancement outings. And some good bargains.
I am delighted that your grandie has enjoyed the start to school. You and i both know how important that is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...