Friday, September 25, 2020

Snow in September!

 Yes, it is supoosed to be Spring but various places in 

country Victoria have experienced snowfalls today!

Ballarat, Ballan and Daylesford- taken from Instagram

So it seems appropriate that I work on my 

Snowflake Quilt.

I don't think I shared any of my plans here....

I am making this as a commission for a friend.

I've had to modify the pattern somewhat,



as the recipient required the snowflake to have all

eight dentrites.


So I began collecting and buying more blue solids 

cutting the gazillion squares

and making and trimming half square triangles!


An new blade sure helped!


To help with the gradient of colour I started at the centre....

and worked my way out getting darker to the edges.


Now all that's left to do is join all the blocks together..

And with more cold and wet weather forecast, and 

lockdown continuing,


I guess I will stay home and sew!

Happy days!

SUZ

PS Blogger doesn't play nice anymore- fonts size, centre alignment, uploading one photo at a time- they all do their own thing! I used to be able to write and publish a blogpost in 30 minutes! Not any more!

10 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Wow, that is going to be some quilt. Look forward to seeing it finished. I can believe that snow in Ballarat & although we've not had any snowflakes here it is freezing cold & raining. Brrrr!!!! Must talk to my friend Joy who lives there. Take care, enjoy the sewing & hugs from Susan in Gippsland.

Chantal said...

Love your snowflake. It's awesome! ;^)

Deanna said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL quilt. Thank you for sharing.

Maureen said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

GO STARS! said...

I love all of the blues - perfect for a snowflake quilt. I've been eyeing the snowflake quilt but haven't committed to it yet as I have so many other projects I want to do too. Too many projects and not enough time!!

We're headed into fall here. I've been putting plants in the greenhouse. As crazy as 2020 has been so far I figure winter will be a mess! We rarely get snow but I figure this is the year for it.

Needled Mom said...

Oh brrrrr! The snowflake is beautiful and appropriate.

Julie said...

Brrr that looks cold, You must have lots of patience for all those HST. Love the planter pot too.

Karen S said...

It was fascinating to see the snow. And it has been so cold.
Lovely to see your progress with the snowflakes. There is a lot of patience involved in putting that one together.
Hopefully we only have a couple more weeks of lock down. Fingers crossed.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love this! I do like the different blues fading gradually into the center.

Suz J said...

I do love how your mix of blues blend and darken towards the edges... it's looking terrific.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...