Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A summer weekend

saw a quilt finish...


I'm calling this "Mint Thicket", 

because the panels are from the Thicket range.


 I visited my sister down by the beach to get some 

photos...



Helen makes a great quilt holder!


I did some simple hand quilting around each 

animal....


 I'll be keeping this quilt for a picnic quilt....


because it contains some of Eli's favourite animals.


We are looking forward to using it soon!


I had pieced the back a while ago so it came 

together quickly!


I also used the time to help Helen make this dress....


Vogue pattern #9237 again.



It's such a great pattern and a very easy make!

A very pleasant weekend indeed!

Happy days!

SUZ

10 comments:

LintLady said...

Hello Sue,
a nice quilt , just right for a beach picnic.
And Helens legs under the quilt look very nice *lol*
Have fun , Doris :o)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That mint with black is gorgeous. And what talent, to make a dress too!

Nikki said...

Love Helen's dress. The quilt is gorgeous also.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Those animals are adorable. Wanna trade seasons?? ☺ It's so cold here today. brrrrrrrrrrrr

Karen S said...

Wonderful finish. I really like the way you used these fabrics so effectively.
And what a lovely setting for your photos.
Great finish with the dress, too. Looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a great work and what a wonderful Landscape. At my home it's cold, grey and it's raining hard.

Suz J said...

All the photos are so clear and crisp! Must be that beautiful sunshine! We've gone back to overcast skies... but hot! Somehow not as much fun 😕

OPQuilt said...

I always love your days at the beach with Helen, and this post is no exception. Her dress turned out wonderfully, and so happy to see the smiles on her while she posed. Love that quilt--perfect for a picnic quilt, with all those wonderful animals on it. And on a personal note--I've read and re-read your letter; thank you so much for thinking of me at this time.

Julie said...

Here's to summer picnics, and happy days with Eli. I'm very envious you get to see your sister so regularly.

Pip said...

I love the Thicket animals,they have such sweet faces. I think that dress would have been lovely and cool to wear in our current hot weather.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...