Sunday, July 15, 2018

A Feathered Cushion!

One of the requirements for my recent workshop with Anna Maria Horner was a quilt block, layered up reading for handquilting.


So I was delighted to re-discover my sample Feather block, made from AMH's pattern, from my first bee with Mid Century Modern Bee back in 2013.

I've spent the last few weeks hand quilting it and 

now it is a cushion!


I found the perfect backing in my stash- a C&S linen 

printed with arrows!


I chose a envelope closure and no trim, 

keeping things simple....


letting the hand quilting shine!

I love the texture created!

Susan


11 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

It’s beautiful Susan, love all those handmade stitches and that C&S linen fabric with arrows!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

That's a great pillow. Well done on the hand stitching. I want to give that a try someday.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

You are right – keeping it simple really does let the fabulous texture of the hand quilting shine. I love the coloured threads!

O'Quilts said...

great job...I love it

Frieda said...

It's perfect. I love your stitching. Have a great week.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's simply a beautiful piece, Susan! The stitching is what makes it shine. I hope you're keeping it and have a place of honor for admiring it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your Hidden Agenda is wonderful, btw.
This feather cushion is so beautiful with all that exquisite hand stitching. You make such beautiful things.

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful! What a lovely "cushion" (this is the word that started our friendship) and to find the perfect backing in your stash makes it even lovelier.

OPQuilt said...

Excellent on so many levels--fun to see the feather again, in these colorways, and your hand-quilting perfectly accents and sets off this design. I also love that you took a class...and finished the project; such a rarety in my world!

Lynda said...

Love your cushion - I want to run my hand over the quilting to feel the texture.

Karen S said...

It looks great. Love the effect you have created with the hand quilting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...