Monday, July 16, 2018

Frieda's Platter Quilt

I am very pleased to share my latest quilt finish 

with you! 


It has been finished for a few days but I was waiting 

to get some decent photos.....


 which was tricky as it is a very large quilt

 (90" by 75") 

The pretty pieced back

AND it's Winter, so sunny, still days are few and far 

between.

I kept the quilting simple, to let the Dresdens shine!


I always like to give my quilts a unique name, 

especially when I use a traditional quilt pattern.

The hand quilting can be seen more clearly here....

So...Frieda was my mother's name and she was of

German ancestry, hence the link to Dresden, a city  

in Germany.


And 'Platter' because these are really big plates!😆


I had one block left so it was easy to use it as a 

label!


Quilt #95, "Frieda's Platter", measures 90" by 75", given to Helen

And here are a couple of photos of it in its  

happy new home.....

It fits the single bed nicely!


And the double bed too!


Happy sewing!

Susan


16 comments:

Granny Maud's Girl said...

How fabulous, Susan. I have loved this quilt idea from the very first fabric pull. The giant leaf print on the back is new to me. I love it!

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

And I am happy to see your lovely quilt! It's hand quilted and the stitches are beautiful. I mentioned before while you were sharing the progress on this quilt, I have really big wheels made with the coffin templates and I also want to appliqué them onto blocks. Thanks for the inspiration as always.

Sue said...

I LOVE your quilt Susan. It has given me an idea for a quilt I am wanting to make for my son & DIL and it need to be really large! The hand quilting is lovely. I think your cross hatch quilting is by machine?

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Wonderful. The colours are fabulous. I finally made a Dresden plate block.

Lynda said...

What a fabulous quilt Susan! Love the greens and blues together.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A great quilt, love the green & blue combo too! And so nice that it draps over the bed like that, my daughter is constantly asking for big enough quilts that do just exactly that!

Tilkkureppu said...

So very lovely quilt!!

Julie Fukuda said...

I really love the way you have arranged both the Dresdens and the background fabric. Great results and great photos too.

karenbbsnow said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love everything about it...green and blue combined is one of my favourite pairings. It's modern with a vintage feel, just gorgeous! Your hand quilting is beautiful.

GO STARS! said...

Beautiful! I like that not every block has a Dresden platter. It makes them stand out. The colors used are my favorites! I also like your simple quilting. It's a beautiful quilt to snuggle under.

OPQuilt said...

What a terrific quilt! I love the layout of your Dresdens, with the negative space really letting them shine in the quilt. The quilting is so lovely, too--more hand work to show off hand work! Such a beautiful color palate, as well, and I really love that leaf print on the back. So well done--bravo!!

gailss said...

Great quilt finish and just love those dresdens….nice tribute to your mom

Karen S said...

This is a lovely finish. I like the layout you chose and i agree with keeping the quilting simple. It looks wonderful.

Suz J said...

Don't quilts look different on the bed! This is looking stunning and I'm sure you are very happy with it. The quilt label is the perfect touch.

Frieda said...

I love that your mother and I share the same name. This quilt is beautiful!

LintLady said...

Hello Susan,
I like this quilt a lot. I love the colours and the Dresden Plate Layout with it.
HUgs, Doris :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...