Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Motivation

 Hello, I'm back!



It's amazing what a break filled with sea, sunshine and 

total relaxation does for one's mojo.

Before I went on my little road trip...... 


 
I made some progress on my "Le Finestre" quilt.....





I celebrated a birthday recently 



and my special friend Elizabeth sent me some lovely 

fabric and a sweet pair of scissors!



Who wouldn't be motivated?

Some of these fat quarters were $2.50!

I also purchased some new fabric to add to another 

project I started just before I left.


It is the "Checkered Garden" tutorial  

by "Film in the Fridge", available here 




It comes together so well!


I've now made four....


They finish at 14" square, so I am aiming for a 

3 by 3 arrangement 

to give a baby quilt of 42" square.



I love how they look together


And looking forward to making five more soon!


I hope I remember how to use my sewing machine......🤔

Happy days!

SUZ






5 comments:

Kim said...

You certainly do have your sewing mojo back, Susan, but a road trip filled with summery sunshine and the smell of sea air will do that for you. Your Le Finestre quilt is looking so pretty and those Checkered Garden blocks are fabulous. Love all those fabrics dancing together.....so pretty. Happy Birthday to you! Gorgeous photo of you! 'Tis nice to visit your lovely place again.

Karen S said...

Happy Birthday wishes to you. Looks like you had a good celebration.
And your trip away sounds like it hit the mark, too. Great to hear.
The borders are working well for your quilt. Lovely to see.
Gorgeous fabrics to add to your collection, too, and a bit of a bargain.
The checkered garden blocks are looking great. I can see that easily turning into a lovely baby quilt.

LintLady said...

Hello Suz,
a late happy Birthday from me still.
Your projects look nice, espacially the applications I like.
Hugs, Doris :o)

Florida Farm Girl said...

So good to see you sewing again! You have some gorgeous fabrics in your stash, dear girl. But then aren't we always looking at our friends' collections with envious eyes? Oh, an hope you had a wonderful trip and birthday.

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice trip, lovely fabrics, but even lovelier is your perfect piecing. Thanks for the virtual visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...