Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2022

The green theme continues!

I think it took me a while to realise that green is my favourite colour….

 

But there’s no denying I love wearing it!

 


I recently finished a blouse, made from a lovely rayon floral,


purchased at Darn Cheap Fabric sometime last year.



I remember we had not been out of lockdown very long,

 

And I had a lovely chat with another shopper about just browsing and touching fabric….


And dreaming of what we might make….

 


And having a reason to go out and wear our newly made garment!

 

And the pattern (New Look 6704) I chose was 


purchased during a Spotlight sale…



Where again I chatted with a lady about our possible purchases.



 
This was a fairly easy pattern to make…

 

And I was very chuffed when the button loops pulled 


through perfectly!

 


You can’t see it, but I finished the inside sleeve and side 


seams with a French seams

 

So it’s almost as nice on the inside as on the out!




Now I guess I better find a place to wear my new 

blouse.


Happy sewing!

SUZ


9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh wow I love this......love the green and all the pics......and even better it was a bargain.......

Karen S said...

That is a gorgeous green. Perfect pattern, too. Love the front tab and the collar. That works really well. Forget going somewhere special. Just wear it!

Debbie said...

This turned out so nice and looks darling on you!!

Susan Smith said...

Very nice. I can see it being worn a lot. Take care.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Yes, the green suits you. I know what you mean about the button loops turning out just right and the french seams will make it all very strong. You'll have to make another now. BTW - love the hair cut :)

Raewyn said...

Beautiful - and it looks lovely on you, too!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Great job! Now to go our and about to show it off.

liz said...

Your blouse is beautiful!

OPQuilt said...

I am wanting to touch this fabric--it must be soft because it's rayon, and drapeaule, too. So pretty, and it looks great on you! Congratulations on getting those details right--especially those loops for the buttons. It's a happy day when all the bits work out like you planned.

I went and read In The Fold, and chose one of their jackets. I'm going at turtle's pace around here for sewing, but I love reading about your successes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...