Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Betwixt and Between

From calculations, I have completed 8 quilts this year, 

with "Cloverly" waiting patiently for a backing, 

once I can go shopping again.

So I didn't want to start another quilt....yet!



So I got to and cut out the octagonal pieces for the 

Annie cushion I shared last time.

I decided to use my healthy stash of Heather Ross 

fabrics, choosing 36 in total.



The pattern calls for a 7 by 7 arrangement or a total of 

49 octagons,

but I did not want a cushion that large......

I had a pillow form ready and waiting.




I enjoyed many lockdown hours hand stitching this 

together, 

enjoying the neatness of the back as much as the front.


Once it was together I added a border, mainly to

   stabilise all the bias edges.


I hand quilted it with a Perle thread in off white



and bound with a pretty turquoise stripe.


It matches my Port Fairy Tales quilt made last year.

It finishes at about 46cm or 18"



I guess it's time to think about my next quilt.

What should I make?


Happy sewing!

SUZ

12 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Oh, it's a gorgeous cushion & well done you on 8 quilts this year. All my quilty pals are outdoing themselves during the Pandemic. Look forward to seeing what comes next for you. Take care & hugs.

Kay said...

This is utterly gorgeous!!!! Combining Heather Ross and EPP is genius. x

Nikki said...

Beautiful. I do love Heather Ross!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Such a sweet pillow. I should really consider smaller projects more often. Everything doesn't have to be a quilt, right?

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It turned out great. Love the hand stitching.

Rebecca said...

I love all the bits and pieces in the pillow cover!

Chookyblue...... said...

So disciplined......I have way too many things on the go......
The cushion looks great....

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very pretty! Those HR fabrics always catch my eye, lovely soft colours. Look forward to seeing what you start next, {wink wink} I'm an expert starter!

Textile Ranger said...

It is so cheerful! And I love looking at all the fussy-cut images.

Suz J said...

What new plans are you thinking about I wonder?

Karen S said...

Your cushion is delightful. And your work is amazing. Those tiny stitches are so even!! Great choice of project. And a loving backing as well.
I could see a whole collection of these.

Rebeca said...

Adorei!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...