Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Deco Delta

is the name of my latest quilt finish! 


The weather has been cold, wet and windy the last few 

days....



Couple that with our lockdown means indoor photos will 

have to suffice today.



I decided to hang it above my bed to get a feel for it 

hanging as an art quilt.



I quilted a few sparse straight lines, 



and finished it with some Perle hand quilting in some of 

the blue/green shapes.




I also decided I wanted a clean look to the front so used 

a facing to bind it. 



The quilt finishes at 50" by 45"


This is quilt #7 for 2021.

Now it is looking for a new home!

Happy sewing,

SUZ


12 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Always a pleasure to visit here and see your lovely work. You are always so productive! Happy Stitching!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very striking! I've not used all-solids totally in a quilt, must give it a go. I do love a bit of a mix with machine & hand quilting.

karenbbsnow said...

It's beautiful, modern and peaceful.

LintLady said...

Hello Suz,
this is a wonderful quilt! I like blue and white very much an it has such a nice pattern.
XXX Doris :o)

O'Quilts said...

very nice...looks Scandinavian ...I love it xo

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love it as a wall hanging. it could go either way, horizontal or vertical. The facing is a perfect choice.

Susan Smith said...

Ooh, I do love that & Art Deco anything always captures my attention. Hasn't the weather been woeful & what with this latest lockdown, things seem rather bleak? Sunny days will be here again one day & then we can take lots of outdoor hero shots(smile). Take care & hugs.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I like this! It looks lovely hanging on your wall. I must get away from making huge quilts and do something like this. I think it'd be a lot more fun.

Suz J said...

I have not tried a faced binding, but it certainly has resulted in a clean crisp edging for you here. Although I think a traditional binding would have also looked good.

Karen S said...

This is a stunning design. Such an elegant look. The use of solids makes it stand out even more. I like the idea of it being a hanging quilt rather than on a bed. A lovely finish.
Fingers crossed we get some easing of restriction tomorrow.

KaHolly said...

Oh. My. Goodness! It’s absolutely gorgeous!

Rebeca said...

Ficou linda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...