Sunday, August 2, 2020

Smorgasbord Quilt

Yes, I've decided on a name for my solids quilt!


While the designer is not Scandanavian,  I feel this fits!


All these blocks are 6 1/2 " 


I thought it was time to introduce a little bit of white....

it was feeling a little Amish!


I've made another seven blocks this weekend,

after finishing my 28th mask on Friday!



I have another three 6 1/2" blocks and 

three 12" blocks to make!

 But it's back to online teaching tomorrow,

so these will have to wait!

Happy sewing!

SUZ

7 comments:

Suz J said...

Great name... and they do say you should eat a rainbow! 😂 This has gone together pretty quick so far, so dare I ask whether you have a quilting plan?

FlourishingPalms said...

I love seeing you piecing with bold colors of solids! Isn't it wonderful how each block makes its own graphic statement? They'll be wonderful when pieced together. No sashing, right? Sorry you're having to make more masks. Me too. It's a sad state of the world that all us sewists are making masks these days. I wish we knew when it might be coming to an end.

Needled Mom said...

Those are really looking nice. I like the white in there.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely blocks Susan. Are you enjoying working with all-solids?

Julie said...

Perfect name for it, lots of little helpings of all sorts. I wouldn't like to sew all those points and hst.
Hope you're staying sane in lockdown.

Karen S said...

The blocks are wonderful. I didn't realise they were 6 inch blocks. Wow.
Hope the return to on-line teaching has started smoothly.

OPQuilt said...

I didn't realize the blocks were only 6 1/2" -- you pack a lot of detail into these small blocks, and your color choices really make the construction details shine! Since I'm working backwards, and already know the ending, I love how all your colors play nicely together. A great primer of patchwork!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...