Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Starts and Finishes

I love my Alaska sweater!

It is so very cosy and warm.


And this flimsy is finished....


My friend Elizabeth @ Occasional Piece Quilts 

recently released this Sawtooth Mania pattern

8" blocks
      
There's a good variety of centres to choose from but

 I made 16 blocks with one-inch strips and a 

four-inch border.

I love this block- the green leaf shapes look like 

lilypads for the frogs to sit on!

I pieced the backing from leftover bits and pieces.

I went across to Darn Cheap with the intention of 

purchasing fabric for a skirt.


And I found the perfect wool to match a recent yarn 

purchase.

And a trip to GJ's found the perfect lining ...


and these 

pretty little rolls of patchwork fabric.


Not sure what I will make but those cool 

wintery tones were calling me.

Now to get knitting...

Happy days!

SUZ



6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely blocks.... Beautiful jumper....

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love all your starts & finishes! And such a pretty way to use those Heather Ross fabrics, it's gorgeous!

Karen S said...

Your sweater looks great. Love the way the colours change. So effective!
And lovely work with your quilt top, too. A great selection of fabrics in that one. Pieced backing look great as well.

Glad you had fun with your shopping. Quite a few prizes there.

Susan Smith said...

Your jumper looks fab with those trees & noticed more trees on some of your fabric. The little bundles from GJs are very cute. Not been there for a while & the sawtooth star quilt looks lovely. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

Lynda said...

I love your Alaska jumper too! And the wool fabric for your new skirt is a glorious colour - it will suit you so well. So many fun fabrics and blocks in your Sawtooth Star quilt.

Julie said...

Love your quilt flimsy, and that deep aubergine fabric and yarn!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...