Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Gertie Marlane!

I was pleased to have finished up my Outback Wife 
quilt 
the day before we headed off for our next little
break. 


My husband and I enjoyed taking these photos...


Old railways stations and water tanks were perfect 

backdrops. 


There is a real vintage vibe happening, don't you 

think?


I backed this with a vintage bedsheet, which gives it 

a soft and buttery feel! 


It is hand quilted with a variety of perle thread... 

mainly in hot pink!



I'm pleased to say MrPnP loves this quilt, so it's a 

keeper!


Dimensions- 64" square
Quilt finish #13 for 2019
#117 all-time quilts
My own design

Happy sewing!

SUZ

PS- We stayed in this beautiful B&B....






Should anyone be down Birregurra way, check out Harvest!

You won't be disappointed!

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Beautiful quilt and an amazing environment! The B&B looks so nice!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Beautiful! Great photos too. Glad you found such nice locations and had a good getaway with the hubbie. Every time I see the name Gertie I think of my grandma whose name was Gertrude but she was always called Gertie.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love all the dark colours in this quilt and great photo locations :)

Julie Fukuda said...

Great quilt and great photos. When I was taking pictures in the park of my latest quilt, an old man came and offered to hold the quilt in a sunny area. His arms were not as long as your assistant. I thought later I should have given the guy the camera and used my own gorilla arms to hold the quilt.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh I do love your quilt! So much to look at, and the colours all meld together beautifully. Great photos too. Looks like a lovely place to visit, I must remember next time we are over in Melbourne visiting our son.

Karen S said...

What a lot of fun you have had with your photo shoots for this quilt. It looks fantastic in all the different locations.
Great place for a holiday, too. Glad you enjoyed the break.

Julie said...

Great place for quilt photos. Hot pink quilting sounds perfect.

OPQuilt said...

I really like this quilt! I never purchased Outback Wife, so I loved seeing this quilt made of those fabrics out and about in the different locales on your getaway. The quilt looks beautiful in all those different locations and places. Such a terrific post. Congratulations on your quilt and your getaway!!

Debbie said...

Yay for your beautiful finish - so glad it's a keeper! ;-) Very fun photos of it too!

O'Quilts said...

Great post...lovely vintage all around

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...