Thursday, April 18, 2019

Liberty and Kantha

I have a reasonably large stash of Liberty fabrics.


So when I saw a Liberty + Kantha stitch-along happening on Instagram, the idea really appealed to me.


I cut two and a half inch squares and pieced two panels to make a 241 tote bag from Noodlehead.


I backed each piece with some fusible batting and started stitching.


It was the perfect holiday project, in the car and in the sunshine!


I prepared the side and pocket panels before I went on holiday.



The glorious sun shining through really inspired me!


I was excited to return home and piece the bag together....


And before I knew it, it was finished!


It turned out just as I imagined!

Happy days!

SUZ


9 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Hi Susan! Happy for you to have enjoyed this project so much. Though I'm not a fan of Liberty fabrics, I can appreciate how fun it was for you to have a portable project that you could Kantha-quilt like this. It worked out so well with your travels, and you turned into a beautiful bag. Good on you!

Debbie said...

Very cool! The stitching looks awesome on your bag!

Katalin said...

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I love what you did with the stitching. The photo with the sun shining through is so cool. I've always like that Noodlehead bag too but haven't made one.

Karen S said...

Gorgeous. That is a lovely way to use those prints. It looks great with the stitching.
A wonderful finish.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

That's a great bag. Congrats on the finish.

OPQuilt said...

This is terrific!! What a perfectly wonderful project for doing on the road, and in the end, you'll have not only a fun bag, but also a memory-holder for when you were stitching it (I have a couple of quilts like that). Beautifully done--congratulations on a lovely finish!

Julie Fukuda said...

That's one classy bag! Nice use of those Liberty prints too.

dutchcomfort said...

That’s a lovely collection of Liberty fabrics, collected in the Noodlehead bag! The sitching is a beautiful extra!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...