Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Friendly Neighborhood!

A while back, on this post, I told you about a fun project that Beth from Love, Laugh, Quilt was 
organizing. 

She asked for all her friends in Blogland to send her 12" blocks of Houses.

She would then randomly select winners to receive some of them to make into a quilt top.

However one generous lady, Em, from  www.wonkyquilter.com sent a WHOLE quilt top!


This is it-

And now it lives at MY house!


I was lucky enough to be the winner of this really lovely quilt!

Em used some really cute fabric!

The yellow in the one above is "Little Golden Books", which I have never seen before.


And this one with cup cakes is yummy!


This, I think, is from Eric Carle's "Hungry Caterpillar" picture story book!


And this one houses a family of cats!



And finally chickens in the henhouse!

It is really very pretty and my photos don't do it justice!

I am intending to hand quilt it in a naive manner over the winter months and offer it to a local charity, for 

a raffle or fundraiser of some kind.

I will show you again when it is finished!

Happy sewing

SUZ

2 comments:

BubzRugz said...

That's a really fun quilt top...
Hugz

Deanna said...

Winter is a great time to handquilt. I have one I plan to start next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...