Sunday, June 9, 2024

La Finestre- a finish!

I'm not sure I have much left to say about this quilt.

I started it back in August last year,

 about ten months ago.


It is the Dotty Mc Potty pattern by Irene Blanck 

at Focus On Quilts.


I made my own trailing vine-type border rather  

than the one in the pattern.


It was obvious that I was running out of low-volume

 background fabric so a dear blogging friend, 

Karen at Sunburnt Quilts came to my rescue.


I found a vintage sheet in my stash for the backing, 

bought for me, I think, by my sister!


Yesterday my husband and I drove to Daylesford to see 

a quilt show (the less said the better!)



Then onto Taradale to do some family history research 

at the cemetery.


The little town and its park were the perfect backdrop 

for my photos.


I machine-quilted some long stitching around the blocks

and sashing, 

before adding lots and lots of hand quilting.


It's probably one of my favourite quilts! 

It was a joy to make!


Quilt #4 for 2024
Lifetime quilt #156
62" by 70"


Happy sewing,

Suz

 

6 comments:

Kim said...

Wow quilt #4 for 24!! I'm impressed! La Finestre is a gorgeous finish, Susan! All those happy flowerpots and the trailing flower vine skipping around the border look amazing. Fabulous fabrics used throughout. I really love the sashing fabric; it reminds me of lattice. The vintage sheet for the backing is perfect. Wonderful photos, too. Isn't it fun to go on a photo shoot with a quilt you've just completed??

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is beautiful! You've finished 4 quilts this year so far, amazing! Happy stitching!

karenbbsnow said...

Sooooo pretty. I agree with Kim, love the sashing and the vintage sheet could not be any more perfect!!

dutchcomfort said...

Susan, congratulatons on a wonderful finish! It's a beautiful quilt and the scenery suits is so well!

FlourishingPalms said...

Very pretty, Susan! I like knowing that you made the quilt your own, with the appliquéd border, the vintage sheet backing, and your beautiful hand stitching. How nice to visit a cemetery where your ancestors rest. I've always thought cemeteries are peaceful places... as well they should be, right?

Susan Smith said...

Luv, luv the quilt, (am being silly with spelling)and your hero shots are gorgeous. I'm sure we've been through Taradale some time over the last couple of years. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...