Monday, April 19, 2021

A Blooming Flimsy!


I got this finished last night....




Well, most of the top was done on Friday,



  

but there were stamen to be added to the bud flowers.


The pattern says to fix them with adhesive backing 

and then zigzagging around the edges.


I knew I would prefer the neatness of appliquéing them!

 

The top finishes at 75" square and now needs another serious pressing after all the manhandling involved in appliqué. 

On another note, today was the day eleven years ago I started blogging at THIS blog- SUZ'S Dandelion Wishes.
I blogged there for about four months, before moving across to this one! It was fun(?) to read those posts again, and kind of embarrassing! I had 7 followers after four months and a new Juki machine!

It's appropriate that I mention it today because Blogger is making a significant change to the way some of my followers receive my posts. If you read my blog via the email option, that will change. I have a friend who is going to help me give you another option, but unfortunately you will have to resubscribe! Stay tuned!

                                    Happy days!

                                        SUZ

13 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your bloomin' flimsy is delightful Susan. Love the bold colours & fabrics.

Kay said...

This is just lovely, so vibrant. I love a quilt that looks like you could make up a whole story around this, I can imagine the world that these flowers come from.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your new quilt is absolutely beautiful and I think they way you've chosen to applique the circles makes for a beautiful result. Have you decided how you'll quilt it yet?

karenbbsnow said...

So modern and fun, LOVE this !!

LintLady said...

Hi Suz,
this top looks nice. I like colourful applications on a white ground.
Are you going to quilt it by hand?
Happy stitching, xxx Doris :o)

Florida Farm Girl said...

I like this flimsy!! It's so cheerful.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love the scrappiness of your giant flowers. Appliqued circles will really finish it off nicely. I'll be interested to know what you end up doing with the email subscriber issue. I keep thinking I'll get back to blogging but this is just another thing to deal with. ugg

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats on your mile stone... It's a great achievement...... Love the blooms..... I've been trying to work out how to sort out the email subscription issue..... Would love to know what you work out.....

Susan Smith said...

I LOVE it!!! So retro & unique with the fabrics you've used. Well done. Take care & stay safe.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE your blooms! Thank you Blogger for yet another change. Grrr.

Karen S said...

This quilt top is looking lovely with all the gorgeous fabrics. I can see why you want to applique the pieces. It will fit in much better with the rest of the quilt that way.That is a big quilt.
Congratulations on your blog milestone!

Lynda said...

This is looking so fantastic Susan! Wonderful.

OPQuilt said...

Love love love this quilt of flowers, and the fabric you chose are so perfect. I've seen a few of them around and I really like yours so much. I'm impressed that you did all those circles by appliqué -- it will look so nice, but I do admire your stamina! Like I said, I follow you in a reader service (Feedly). I'm seeing this notice on a lot of Blogger blogs: how frustrating that they are choosing to do this now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...