Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Gelati!

My friend Elizabeth sent me this fun fabric earlier in 

the year...


and I have finally cut into it!

I used mostly the "5th and Fun" range 

by Sandy Gervais,


with some Windham "Party Animals" thrown in for 

extra fun!


(To be honest, I couldn't find any yardage of the

 other fabric and this one seemed to fit the bill!)


I've paired the prints with some soft solid fabrics I 

have been hoarding....

Mini charms (2.5") bordered by 1.5" strips

and this reminds me of Gelati, so that's what I'm 

calling it!



Each square finishes at 4", so it's not a large quilt

at 32" x 36",

but it's mighty pretty!



 I backed it with Lizzy House Mini Pearl Bracelets,

in Peach,

and quilted it simply with a double-line grid.



And for a quick finish, I machined down the binding!

Thanks to a long weekend here in Melbourne,

this quilt took me three days, start to finish!

Linking up with Sew, Stitch and Share....

Happy sewing!

SUZ

14 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely. I like the gentle colors and fabric design.

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I love the colors in this quilt; it's modern but soft. I have a stash of Sandy Gervais baby fabrics from the 20th century which would look great with your pattern. Thanks for the inspiration as always.

Needled Mom said...

It is really pretty - so soft looking.

Betty said...

It is just perfect and that's a lucky little baby!

Julie said...

An amazingly productive weekend and a beautiful baby quilt. Such a simple yet effective design.

Karen S said...

This one is very special. I think the fabric combinations have worked extremely well and the colours are lovely. The simplicity of the design makes the fabrics shine.
A wonderful quick and satisfying finish!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice combination of fabric and arrangement. You got a lot of use out of a few days.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A very pretty quilt. I love this soft pastel palette. Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

Frieda said...

Love the soft sweet pastels in this quilt. I love it when quilts come together fast. You have been busy.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Pretty! This is such a lovely soft palette. Not one I've worked with but it's giving me ideas.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice quilt, such lovely soft colours.

Suz J said...

Wow - 3 days! That's amazing. Another beautiful quilt finish.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

What great colours and prints. Love pearl bracelets. Great quilt finish.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

love the soft colors

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...