Thursday, September 21, 2017

Starting it over...

I got about as far as this...


with my New York Beauty bee quilt, 

when I decided I didn't like it!

I had previously played around with this layout,

Sorry, poor lighting!
but again, wasn't totally happy, I think because it 

was long and narrow.

So today I made another block....


to bring the total number to twenty-five!


And there is a little clue hiding here 

to where this is headed.

To check for balance I made a black and white 

photo too.


Oh, and it seems I have rotated it too!

I have moved a few blocks around and hope to make 

further progress on this soon.

Happy sewing!

SUZ

13 comments:

Marty Mason said...

I like where you are going with your New York beauty....loving the totally improvisational fabric choices in each block.

dutchcomfort said...

Such a great decision, though I love NYB blocks any which way! Love where this is going!

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I love these NYB blocks--you've inspired me to want to make some but maybe bigger. I really like how the b/w photo of the blocks.

Debbie said...

I think you're on to something!

Needled Mom said...

It is going to be spectacular. I love the idea of the black and white to check color balance.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I like. I like a lot. I should make better use of the black and white photos to check my values . . . I'm guilty of too many middle values and not enough on either side.

vincenzo126 said...

You got this! :) -Jean

Julie said...

Love the colours, I am sure what ever you decide to eventually do, it will look awesome.

Karen S said...

Looking great! Twenty five gives good balance with a square quilt, but you still have time to change your mind.
I gather your machine is back and foot is working well to drive it!
(Love the bears in the bottom right corner!)

Julie Fukuda said...

I am glad to see I am not the only one who changes plans as I go. I like all those bright colors.

OPQuilt said...

Can't wait to see where this is headed...I can't find your clue, so I'll have to wait!

Suz J said...

Ohh a mystery!! I can see why you were not happy with the dark sashing... it somehow looks bleak, not matching the vibrancy of the NY beauties at all. I shall wait with bated breath!

Sandra said...

I'm curious to see where this is headed! I love your blocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...