Friday, January 21, 2011

Doll Quilt Swap 10

I received the name of my partner for Doll Quilt Swap 10 earlier in the week!

And boy, am I stressed!

This experience is really going to stretch my abilities because my partner is one competent sewer!

This is a color palette I am considering-



And I am thinking of a Feathered Star or Mariner's Compass block!

I definitely want to foundation piece my quilt.


Still some playing around with my ideas yet!

I just hope I can live up to the expectations of my partner!

I may never enter another swap again if I fail this test!


Any suggestions or ideas gratefully accepted!

Happy sewing!

SUZ

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I suggest you be nice to yourself. You will do nicely IF you don't stress out so much that you paralyze yourself. You have great fabric selected and a solid idea. Just start sewing!

Anita said...

I agree with Deanna. Be nice to yourself and have faith in your abilities.
Now I have a weakness for mariners' compasses so if you want a biased opinion you can't go wrong with that. :)
I love the colors you're playing with.

Colette said...

I've found that you can't go wrong with taking a simple design and using really great fabrics. Those that follow that strategy tend to be my favorite pieces in the swaps. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...