Saturday, October 14, 2017

Playing Catch Up!


 I was a little behind with my September

Gridster Bee blocks, 


but they are now safely winging their way to the US.


I chose the fabric with a kangaroo on one, 

and Melbourne trams on the other especially!


This was a design made by Simone....

should make an interesting quilt!

Then Leisa sent batik fabrics for October's blocks....


which made for very effective blocks called, 

appropriately, "African Queen"!

And while I had some time I tackled Lisa's blocks for 

November...


bright trees on a black/white background.

And here are the blocks I made for my own 

sampler...


I really wanted to get those houses standing as 

straight as possible!

 My first attempt at an African Queen was a little washed out,

So I swapped out the dress and sleeve fabric....


I think that's better?

Maybe she needs an embroidered smile!


And my forest of trees!

I also made another star block to go with the two I 

already had.


And the obligatory 'group shot'!


Only one more round of this bee, and its all over!

Happy sewing!

SUZ


14 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Oh, my...what a lovely post...Just up this morning...woke up crabby and I do not know why..but your post snapped me into happy!!!

Needled Mom said...

Great blocks and I love the group blocks.

Melissa P said...

Lots of fun blocks! Variety is always good.

Chookyblue...... said...

Great blocks..... I liked your first pretty lady......

Julie said...

Wow, some great gridster blocks, will be interesting to see everyone's quilts when they are complete.

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

You make the best Bee Blocks, participants are lucky to have you in the group. I do have the Melbourne Tram fabric and will be using it for the Splash of Color QAL; I'll think of you now when I see it. BTW, love the animal print with the kangaroo, may I ask what fabric line this is?

Karen S said...

What an interesting collection of blocks this time. I like them all.
I like the first ones in black and white with the Aussie theme but then you made yours in colour and they look great too.
The African queen blocks look so effective in all the colour ways. they are a great idea.
And of course I love the trees. he simplicity of the design grabs me in that one.
Well done being up to date.

OPQuilt said...

Oh, Susan!! I love the cumulative shot of all the bee blocks together, and now I'm wishing I'd done something like that. You really do have a way with a quilt, and provide such inspiration. Your Teton blocks look great, and I love the trees too. I agree with you, that the African Queen block needed a more pizazzy dress, and that hot pink really does it. Such a great round-up!

pforgerson said...

actually commenting on sundays post, please dont stop. You were one of the first i started to follow when you had the red and blue paris fabric on your header. No caps, just faster this way. Dont comment much as i dont have a blog, but love all of your work. Continue to 100

Laura said...

Hi Suz, Well I enjoy your posts. There must be some kind of incompatibility at my end because I can't see where to comment on your 700! post. Must say that I love the sweet prints you found to fussy cut. And on this post, love that star block. I know blogging is very time consuming. I thank you for your efforts.

KitKat said...

I love your Dream Catcher quilt. Is there a pattern that I can buy?

Frieda said...

I love how your sampler blocks are coming along. That is such a great idea to use the different blocks you made for others in your bee. I love your style of quilting and how you pick fabrics for the blocks.

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

lovely fabric choices

carolg said...

Oh my goodness! Just love all the blocks together. You're so inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...