Friday, June 29, 2018

Anna's Visit- Part II

In the evening Anna spoke for over 90 minutes 

about her creative journey

and the quilts that were part of it!


A colour study quilt, one of her early ones!


It was great to see the Feather quilt!

She remade it for her son, in a new design, with 

some of her favourite 



 Denyse Schmidt fabric.

She is a fan of a sawtooth border,

  
something I want to use in a quilt sometime soon!

There were various versions of "Folk Flowers".

  This one caught my eye for that stunning pink...

its a Free Spirit solid called "Tropical"!

This one was made for one of her daughters...

  she kept it hidden from her all throughout the 

making process!

Anna Maria has been collaborating with other fabric 


designers to produce a carefully curated range 




called Conservatory!


 These two quilts were made from these ranges...



When the talk was over we were given the 


opportunity to look at all the quilts close up!



Another sawtooth border!


Folk Flower in its different colourways!




And finally, this one is to showcase an upcoming 

range!


 Interestingly it is a little more traditional in its block 

setting.

But still an inspiration in every way!

Oh, and this one because it's just perfectly pretty!


Happy sewing!

SUZ

9 comments:

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I just finish reading both of your posts about Anna Marie and I can see why you were impressed with her works. I've only know of her from a distance, just have very few of her fabrics but now after reading and seeing her works I think I could become a fan of her now. Her colors are wonderful and and I love how she uses embroidery in her quilts, something I should try doing but on a much smaller scale. Thanks so much for sharing. I loved it.

Chookyblue...... said...

Great mix of patterns there.....

gailss said...

Lots of different color ways and very interesting....makes you take a second look and like the variety of her work.

Needled Mom said...

So much fun color in the quilts! Looks like a wonderful show and tell.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

It's very inspiring to see so many of AnnaMarie's quilts all together. I've always been intrigued by her style and color sense and yet have used very little of her fabric. Folk Flower in particular has me thinking of how I might make my own version. Do you know if all the flowers and leaves all appliqued?

O'Quilts said...

So thrilled again..to see this

Julie said...

Did you have a favourite?

OPQuilt said...

I'm so glad you posted a lot of photos of her work. I so admire her and her creativity, and having seen some of the earlier quilts in person at Quilt Market, I'm quite jealous that you were able to see some of the more recent quilts. You must be just overwhelmed, and will probably take time to let it soak all in. Thank you so much!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Her poor kids! To have their quilts stolen and taken across the globe! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...