Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Delilah-Month Seven

Full sewing activity has resumed! 

So it was time to dive into my Delilah stash...


for fabric for the "Four-patch Star" blocks.....

I had such a great time, finding fabrics for fussy 

cutting!


It is such a wonderful block which, I think, needed a 

new name!


Thanks to a follower on IG,  

I'm calling this the Victoria Cross block!


 This is my "Love" version...hearts, (Cupid's) arrow, 

spots and bikes!


And my "Forest" version- foxes, toadstools and even 

a fence around the border!

And all four together!


I love how the block can look so different, depending 

on fabric placement-

the sign of a good design, I think!

Linking up with Julie and Linda!


Go check out Julie's lovely AMH quilt top...

and Linda's gorgeous Floribunda quilt top!

Happy sewing!

SUZ

18 comments:

vincenzo126 said...

These are wonderful!

OPQuilt said...

I like the new name--perfect for your wonderful work! This is will be an amazing quilt; so glad you can get back to your sewing. :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Wonderful blocks! And very clever fussy cutting too!

TakeMeThereTotes said...

Those are wonderful! I love to let the fabric do its thing!

Susan said...

Thanks for your sweet comments...You are a no-reply commenter so I am letting you know here. Not sure if you'll see it! I appreciate your encouragement!

Karen S said...

Great use of fabrics. You have made these blocks shine. You are so right about the placement of fabrics changing the look of these blocks completely!! And they all look great together.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

That is a stunning block. I like the new name you have given it.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

... and thank you for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

OMGoodness! I love them!

Lynn said...

They look so good and so very different from one another.

Janie said...

What a beautiful set of blocks. The 'forest' block is my favorite.
Nice work.

greeneggs said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous. Love the fussy cutting!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Lovely lovely blocks. Your fussy cutting is spot on.

Chookyblue...... said...

Those blocks are fantastic... ...

Pip said...

Really lovely blocks, I especially love the fence on the border of the Forest block.

Erica in Alaska said...

Brilliant choice of fabrics and fabulous fussy cutting. Each one is a little gem.

dutchcomfort said...

I love how your limited colour palette works so well for the Delilah blocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...