Well, mostly! But more on that soon...
I've been making Month #5 block of "Delilah" quilt,
while "Alice" sits in a corner and sulks,
because she didn't turn out as pretty as hoped!
I commented that these North Star blocks seem to
take longer to cut out than piece.
So I thought I'd share how I managed to make the
cutting a bit quicker.
I cut rectangles of each fabric
(here are the measurements for each shape:)
T19- 2" x 5"
T20- 2" x 4"
T21- 2.75" x 5"
and layered them in groups of four, flipping the
template as required.
Rotating these smaller pieces of fabric is much easier than turning oneself inside out cutting around all these corners!
Pressing seams open makes for a block that lays flat
A completed block from the back....
and from the front!
|This one is quite subtle, which I like!|
This wasn't the smartest bit of sewing of the day.....
needless to say a bit of 'un-sewing' was required!
Ah, that's better!
Here are they are together,
and a group shot of all my blocks so far!
Two more of these to make and Month #5 is