Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Pinks Charming

is my latest quilt finish.

I saw this quilt on the CrazyMom blog and decided 


this was the perfect use for these 'charming' fabrics



I started with a mini charm pack of

"Color Me Happy"...

adding strips of a Lecien solid in pale mint green.

I then put it aside until I knew whether it would 

go to a girl or boy. 


And now it is finished...

with Gum Leaves from Terra Australis 2


and bound in 

Spinning Gum from Terra Australis 1



Backing was in my stash;

it came from I know not where?



And quilted with my favourite wavy line!

Final measurements:
 35" x 48" approx

Happy days!

SUZ




10 comments:

Julie said...

Love the colours in this. Great quilt.

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

This is great, Suz, I love all that negative space and the small focal area. Very cool indeed. (Now that's done are you ready to crack on with your blue UFO?)

OPQuilt said...

I love how you take us from the beginning of a quilt to its completion, in a few easy steps. I mean a few easy, charming steps that makes us believe we can do this too. This baby quilt is sweet and I love that you were able to tilt it towards boy or girl by that outer fabric. Very cute!

Melissa P said...

I have a feeling this will be a well loved quilt. Love those wavy quilting lines!

Marg said...

Looks awesome Susan. Love the pink surrounds. Very pretty.

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a sweet little quilt. Oh, that Crazy Mom. She gives us such inspiration doesn't she? The pink is so very pretty. It will make some little one very happy.

Carla said...

So sweet. Little charms are just the best ; )

Mary said...

I am a huge fan of very wide borders! It reminds me of artwork matted and framed. So sweet'

Karen S said...

This has turned into a lovely quilt. It has not occurred to me to part make a quilt and then wait to add fabric after the baby arrived. Great idea.

DeborahGun said...

what a fantastic way to use a mini charm pack. I never can think of good ideas for them. Love the large pink border :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...