Thursday, February 12, 2015

Busy bee-ing!

I have entered my third year in the 

Mid-Century Modern Bee, 



and boy, do I love this Bee!

I have made such a variety of blocks and made such 

wonderful friends!

Elizabeth was Queen for January,

and this is what I made!


I loved cutting into my Echinacea fabric for this...


"Memory" star.

And for February I baked Carla a cake,

following a tutorial found at Ellison Lane!


After recent events I was sorely tempted to pop a 

candle on the top!

Why "Mid-Century" I hear some of you ask?

It is because all the members are of a certain, um....


vintage!

If you'd like to read more about the blocks and quilts,

we have a blog here!

Happy sewing!

SUZ




13 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Great blocks! I love the Echinacea in the centre!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Great fabric choices for your fun blocks Suz. I've got a bottle of that wine in my cellar, I've been waiting to drink it with quilting friends.

Melissa P said...

Love that fussy cut Echinacea! Great use of Anna Maria's print.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Your blocks are wonderful as is being in the bee. Love the vintage reference. Haven't thought of myself as vintage so it made me laugh.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Gorgeous blocks, Susan! I have two bees to thank for making quilting friends. And piecing ability!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Maybe I'll get to see your block in person. Did you know I know Elizabeth?

Marg said...

It sounds absolutely wonderful. It must feel so good to be in a bee full of such talented and nice people.

Lynda said...

I love the blocks you've made especially the Memory Star. It was a block included in my first ever sampler.

Mary said...

Fabulous! It's a great group! I need to bake a cake this weekend! In fact, maybe two...we have a birthday here too :)

OPQuilt said...

I always love reading your blog as you present the block information with a greater flourish than I can ever muster! And great way to think about ourselves--vintage quilters!!

I love my blocks. Thanks for sharing that precious fabric with me.

Elizabeth

DeborahGun said...

such beautiful blocks, and glad you had such a happy birthday celebration :-)

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I have long wondered about your bee group's name! Aha!
I love the echinacea block, but, boy, it is BIG!

Rene' said...

I love our bee!!! Your blocks are great. Love your pretty birthday cake. I finally finished my cake for Carla and popped that in the mail. Will work on Cindy's dresden next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...