Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Makeover!

I have a little tabletop ironing board (although I use it on the floor!) which has 

taken some battering!

It definitely deserved a makeover....


And my safety pin tin was rather sad too!


I found an old biscuit tin stored away in a cupboard and even though it is a little 

large I thought it was too pretty to be hidden away!




With that achieved I turned my attentions to the ironing board...

Some pretty fabric from my large stash...

I took the old cover off, unthreaded the cord and used the top as a pattern.

That old top was nasty, wasn't it?
I cut the new fabric a fair bit larger than the previous cover to allow for the  

extra padding I added from my basting scraps...


Cut, hem with a narrow casing for the cord, thread the cord and pull it up tight!

DONE!


Got to be happy with that.



Makeover complete!

( And don't forget to enter my giveaway!)

Happy sewing...

SUZ

6 comments:

  1. I love your tin! You will have a fun time filling that up with basting pins :) Great job on the ironing board cover. Mine is disgusting! I should definitely use your method and make a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new ironing board cover is absolutely fresh, bright and lovely. Great pin tin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do with a new cover on mine...Thanks for sharing this yours looks Gorgeous...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing make over. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new ironing board cover. I do the same thing! I buy the little mini ironing board from Ikea which has ony a really thin cover over a wore lattice. I cut some batting the right size and then put a fabric cover over the top - works great!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message! I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...