Thursday, March 17, 2011

From my Library....

I have added to my craft library recently...


I don't buy books... 

except craft books, of course!

They are full of inspiration and pretty pictures!


This one particularly indulges my love for pink.

(I think, because I only had sons...)

I love this needlecase with its embroidered flowers...


And the instructions look to be fairly clear...


And these two books arrived from Amazon during the week....


With the strong Aussie dollar I couldn't resist either of them!

I am a little late to the Suzuko Koseki craze.... 

but love the designs and quirky photos in this book!


And finally "The Quilt Revival" as recommended by Lynne of Lily's Quilts


I love the concept behind this book..

tile quilts based on applique.

Now, I am not a fan of traditional needleturn applique, but this book assures me that   

machine or fusible with blanket stitch applique is quite acceptable!


And I love the section on auditioning fabrics....


So, with so much inspiration, what will I choose to work on next?

What are you working on at the moment?

And what is your inspiration?

Happy sewing

SUZ

5 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I've got that Suzuko Koseki book and just love it!! It makes me happy just flicking through it. The tile book is on my temptation list after seeing Di2Quilt's doll quilt in DQS10. It's great to hear what you think of it. Did you get into the Down Under Quilt Swap?

Marie said...

I am finishing a couple of e-reader pockets for a commission and also a book tote (also commissioned work). Then it's back to my practice for free motion quilting.

Hugs - Marie

Mary said...

Ha - we are so much alike Suz! Usually I only buy craft or quilting books...I also have the Sew Pretty Homestyle book. You know the saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover'...well I have had to remind myself of that. I find that I often judge a book by it's pictures!!! Can't wait to see what you make first!!!

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

I love, love, love getting new books. So good for the inspiration. My problem is actually getting around to making the things in the book! Must get better at that!

Colette said...

I've got that Tile Quilt Revival Book too and LOVE it! PS - your new blog header looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...