Friday, January 14, 2011

WIPS

Works in Progress-

I thought I would share just a little of what I have been up to recently-


 have some other things up my sleeve but as they are for secret swaps and other purposes,


 I can't show them yet!



I wanted to have a go at the New York Beauty block.

This one is foundation pieced and I have used it to make a placemat.



I am doing some hand quilting on it at the moment.



And this is another one-



I'm not sure whether I will keep them or make one or the other part of a future 'giveaway'.


And it really was time to practise my Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) again!

SO I 'bit the bullet' and this is the result-


I tried out some spirals and some 'bubbles'!

(For those who know my flick'r name will get a bit of laugh from that one!)

Not great, but not too bad for a short ten minute session?

I'm going to keep practising because it will make a big difference to being able to finish more pieces off.

Then they can go from WIPS to FINISH!

Happy sewing-

SUZ

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those blocks are beautiful. I like that you try things in such different color combinations.

Mary said...

Oh I love the New York Beauty blocks!!! Can't wait to see the entire piece! Lovely

Marie said...

Hi Suz - you are so brave. I would never show a photo of my free motion practices - LOL. I don't think I can say it's getting any better, but I don't do it every day like they say to.

I love the Mac Sleeve of a few days ago. Did you have a tutorial or pattern?

Hugs - Marie

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Wowee, they look tricky (the blocks). I shudder to think what my attempt at FMQ would look like. Will have to try it one day when I need a good laugh!

Simply Sandy said...

No matter what you do with these, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...