Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Sewing Exercise!

As you may know- I'm on a diet!

A fabric diet!

Now this fabric diet had me thinking???

No diet is much good without exercise.

So I decided to have some fun with my rather large stash-

 Trimming it down with some sewing exercises- 

Sorting, ironing, measuring, cutting, piecing, planning.......


It also gave me an opportunity to deal with another of my intentions for 2011-

To use more green in my projects. 

And this is what I achieved-



This block is based on the tutorial by Elizabeth at Oh Fransson!

It's called a Mod Mosaic.

It was an exercise in improvisation, not something I am usually happy with!

It also kind of 'grew'- it now measures approximately 15 inches across at its widest points.

Not sure what this will become yet?



And this is a star block based on this design from Rita @ Red Pepper Quilts

It will probably become a mini quilt for a swap!

Now to decide on machine or hand quilting?

It didn't feel like exercising at all- more like Patchwork Play!!

Enjoy your playing!

SUZ

6 comments:

Marie said...

I love the mod mosaic. The white really sets off the colors. A great improv session.

Hugs - Marie

Frances Leate said...

Great fabric selection and I love the mod mosaic.

Anita said...

I wish could get the same results you do from exercising! Love that star, but I'm pretty partial to all things green.

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Love 'em both! Well done on stretching your comfort zone.

Deanna said...

Yay, Green! I discovered that color last year and have really enjoyed it.

quilary said...

Looks like your diet and exercise programme is going to yield fantastic results. I love how the crisp white sets of the other colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...