Sunday, August 22, 2010

A quick trip to Europe!

Not much sewing happening here this weekend!

Back on the exercise kick so went for a 40 km cycle yesterday and a 6km walk/run today!

Also working my second job today (more about that another day).

So I thought I would share some little quilts I have made over the last couple of years.

I purchased a pattern from "House on the Hill"  in New Zealand when I visited there back in 2005.

It is not a big company but the designs are really pretty.


                                                  
This is the Dolce Vita pattern - my 'signora' as I call her.

Don't you love her little blue Vespa?

                                                

This one comes from the "Paris Cafe" quilts pattern.



And a close up of mademoiselle enjoying a cocktail.

The table cloth has a neat little fringe!



And out walking her poodle!

He is made from felt.


They are a real delight to make- manageable size and simple applique.  I use fusible web and add blanket stitch to finish them off.  Also a little embroidery too which I like in a quilt.

I don't have a permanent place for them (waiting for my sewing room to magically materialise!)
but they are displayed on my quilt ladder.

I have an idea  to design one of my one with the Eiffel Tower in the background, in the style of the Dolce Vita one.

Just add that to my list of 'things to do'!


Check out House on the Hill if you get the chance.

Have a happy weekend!

SUZ


1 comment:

Frances Leate said...

I just love the quilts and it must have been great fun to work them. Happy stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...